Go Back   Gecko Resource Forums > Community Forums > Miscellaneous Reptile Discussion

Miscellaneous Reptile Discussion For the discussion of all other herps and reptile related topics

Old 09-10-2007
Egg

djsabness is on a distinguished road
Exclamation What Does Gecko Poop Look Like?

Okay, I've searched the web, but I still cannot find what I'm looking for, so I joined this group because I'll probably get the answer I need much much faster.

A wild gecko snuck its way into my house a few days ago. All I did was open the front door, and there he went, darting behind my furniture. He was too fast for me to trap him, then he was gone. I saw him under my kitchen table in the middle of the night when I got up for water. Too fast again for me to trap him.

I have no idea what kind he is. I live in the Houston, Texas, maybe someone might know what the wild geckos are in that region. He's really little, only 1 1/2 in - 2 in long. when he snuck in he was a grayish color, and his tail looked stripped, when I saw him at night on my kitchen floor he looked orange, and almost transparent it seemed. I don't mind so much him being in the home since we have several spiders and cochroaches in the home, but I also have 2 babies. a newborn and an 18 month old who seem to want to put everything into thier mouths. So this is what I need your help on.

What in the heck does gecko poop look like, so I know what it is and can clean it up before my babies put it in thier mouth!!!!!! Thank you so much for your guidance.

Sabrina
Old 09-10-2007
Admin
Black Belt

Salzy is a splendid one to beholdSalzy is a splendid one to beholdSalzy is a splendid one to beholdSalzy is a splendid one to beholdSalzy is a splendid one to beholdSalzy is a splendid one to beholdSalzy is a splendid one to behold
Re: What Does Gecko Poop Look Like?

Gecko poo from a gecko that small look almost like a little mouse poo. It will be about twice as long as it is wide and be oval-ish in shape. Probably brown or gray and kinda blocky looking from eating insects.

You will probably not be able to even see any poo on your carpeting because of the size and you may not find any at all. The gecko will be hiding behind things most of the time like your couch, fridge, chairs, etc and you (or your babies) will probably not find the poo.

Geckos in your area are probably mediterranian geckos or plain house geckos. They won't get very big at all, possibly topping out at 5-6 inches from snout to tip of tail. They will eat insects in your house but will probably find their way out after a little while of being there. As fast as they get in, they can get back out.

Hope that helps.
"1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe,
500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was flat
and 15 minutes ago you knew people were alone on this planet...
Imagine what you'll know tomorrow" ~~~ MiB
Old 09-11-2007
Egg

djsabness is on a distinguished road
Re: What Does Gecko Poop Look Like?

Thanks, That helps out alot, now I know what to look for if I find any at all.

Thank you so much.

Sabrina